Make your own free website on










































































Soldier in Madewini shootout remanded

  By knews 

Guyana Defence Force Corporal, Fred London, wept in the Providence Magistrates’ Court yesterday after being remanded to prison on charges of armed robbery and unlawful possession of arms and ammunition.
London, of Lot 120 Hyde Park, Timehri, East Bank Demerara, appeared before Magistrate Priya Beharry on three charges of robbery under arms and one charge each of unlawful possession of arms and ammunition.
The tearful accused pleaded not guilty to all the charges, which are in connection with the attack at a GT&T location at Hauraruni on the Linden/Soesdyke Highway.

GDF rank Corporal Fred London

London was unrepresented at the time but an attorney who said he was representing London turned up after court had already been adjourned.

Forged-US-visas-Inshan  Forged-US-visas-Gomattie 17m-dollars-coast-guard

In responding to a question from the Magistrate, Police Prosecutor Sergeant, Lionel Harvey, stated that investigations were presently ongoing into another robbery and the murder of a security guard at Soesdyke/Linden.
On November 29, the bound and battered body of 74-year-old security guard, Cecil Hamilton, was found in the Soesdyke National Democratic Council (NDC) compound.
Police stated yesterday that a Linden resident who has had several brushes with the law is also a suspect in this matter.
Magistrate Beharry explained that the granting of bail on arms and ammunition charges was at the magistrate’s discretion.
However, she told London that he had not given any reason for her to grant him bail
She then remanded the accused and ordered him to return to court on December 29.
The charges against the soldier are that on Sunday, December 6, he was found in possession of a 12-gauge shotgun and four rounds of ammunition.
It is alleged that on the same day, London relieved Ganesh Henry of $4,000, and also robbed Richard Emanuel of $11, 800 and a cell phone.
London is also accused of stealing $92,000 in fuel that is the property of GT&T.
Police allege that at around 03:10 hrs on Sunday, December 6, three armed men held two male security guards and their female colleague at gunpoint at the GT&T location at Hauraruni, Soesdyke/Linden Highway.
After tying up the guards, the robbers took away 23 five-gallon containers of dieseline, $15,000 and a cellular phone before escaping in a car.
Police allege that ranks from a mobile patrol were in the vicinity of Madewini that same day, when they spotted a car with fuel leaking from the trunk.
After they tried to intercept the vehicle, one of the occupants opened fire.
Police said that the three occupants then fled on foot.
According to the police, the ranks impounded the car, which contained a shotgun and containers of dieseline, a pair of gloves, a camouflage hat and a poncho.
Police allege that London subsequently went to the Madewini Police Outpost and identified the car as his while also claiming that it had been stolen.
He was then taken into custody.

Saturday, December 12, 2009